Saturday, July 16, 2011

Staycation

The worst part of traveling is returning home.  I always jam pack my vacations so by the time I return home, I am exhausted and in desperate need of a vacation.  I think this is the reason for the new "staycation" trend.

How brilliant does it sound to put a stop on the mail, turn off your phone ringers (yes, plural), notify family and friends that you will be out of town (its just a white lie), include an automatic out-of-the office reply on your work email and truly relax.

10 Ways to Truly Enjoy Your Staycation:

1. Make reservations at that fabulous new restaurant you have been wanting to try.
2. Sleep in every single day.
3. Have a drink with lunch at that swanky new rooftop bar.
4. Read at least one book.
5. Buy a souvenir from any local tourist shop.
6. Have dinner delivered.
7. Hire a housekeeper.
8. Order dessert.
9.Bring a camera and record even the most trivial aspects of your day.
10. Have a massage.

I am so relaxed just thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment