Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekend Blues

How was your weekend my lovelies? My weekend was spent preparing for fall, biking to the farmers market, and painting my living room a stunning teal blue! I am so impulsive and got it into my head that my living room needed an update. Much to hubbs' surprise (don't you just LOVE surprises??), I bribed my girlfriend with a martini and dinner and we set to painting on Friday night. 

Because nothing in my life is easy, I decided that it could not be a flat blue but the wall should probably be textured like linen.  So beachy and casual.  Perfect for my living room.

The walls were sand colored before so I painted directly over the sand color with a teal paint mixed with glaze.  Even though the nice worker's at Home Depot swore that the glaze would not change the color of the teal, it turns out that it did mute it just a tad.
Can you see the martini sparkling in Goldie's eyes?
After Goldie painted the wall teal, I set to wiping the walls with a hand broom. First vertically and then horizontally.

The result was a nice weathered look with a very faint linen texture.  The messier the better.  This is not a look that would look good perfect so perfectionists stay away or drink heavily before painting!
What do you think? Do you love it as much as I do?






 Photos courtesy of hubbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment