Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Wedding Planner and Organizer

When I was getting married I looked at countless books to help me prepare for the big day while keeping everything organized.  I ended up giving up and making my own because even though some were really expensive, nothing seemed to be the perfect fit.  My organizer was literally my bestie during my 7 month engagement.  If I wasn't physically holding it, it was always within arm's reach.  Yes, I am absolutely compulsive and obsessive. I like to think of it as a blessing ...

My cousin just announced her engagement so I have been busy putting together a home-made (with love of course) wedding organizer for her.

I am including a wedding checklist.  She is planning a relatively short engagement so this will become super important.




 Don't forget about the budget. I ended up updating mine every couple of months until I finally just threw it away!


I am also including the following tabbed sections:  Venue, Catering, Flowers, Invitations, Entertainment, Media, Dress, Gifts, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Honeymoon, and Extras. 

The beauty about using paper dividers is that you can staple or tape business cards directly on to the dividers so that everything stays organized.

 

 

Within each section include a couple of clear plastic sleeves to insert inspirational pics torn out of mags and brochures you will inevitably come across.

Finally, be sure to include a folder of some sort to keep invoices and receipts in one place.


If you would like a template for the budget or the wedding countdown, feel free to comment below and I will be happy to forward it to you!

What did you use to keep your planning under control?

No comments:

Post a Comment